Thursday, July 31, 2008
Posted by Madsen Family at 5:49 PM
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
The three babes. A little blurry b/c of my expert photographing ability.
How do you get three kids to look at the camera at once?
Ahhh...all three kiddos looking at the camera! Finally.
- When she was playing with the two babies, Will and Sam, at once, she was in HEAVEN. She was dancing around and singing: "I have a baby family! I have a baby family!"
- Beth's mom, Amy, has a pee-pee tee-pee for Baby Sam so he won't pee all over when she is changing his diaper. So, one night we had a fire and Beth's dad stacked the kindling in a tee-pee formation in the fire pit. When Beth came out and saw the kindling she shouted: "It's a pee-pee tee-pee! It's a pee-pee tee-pee" And, sure enough, it did look just like a pee-pee tee-pee. That girl! We love her. I always want to take her home with us--she is such a joy and loves Will so very much!
Posted by Madsen Family at 8:13 AM
I couldn't resist snapping this photo one night when he was in dream land. He is so cute when he sleeps, bum all up in the air. Plus, he usually crawls to the corner of the crib and snuggles in. Since he gets his arm caught sometimes between the crib and the mattress, I try to move him away from the corner before I go to bed. However, he always finds his way back there. Sometimes he even wakes up with crazy hair because of how he sleeps, just like his dad!
Posted by Madsen Family at 8:09 AM
Posted by Madsen Family at 7:59 AM
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Last night, as I was lying in bed, desperately trying to get some much-needed sleep and failing miserably, these phrases kept running through my mind:
- But she just doesn't know, should she stay should she go, but YES the hippopotamus!
- We hippos love our belly b's, they're cute and round and funny. And there's a place we take them to when summer days are sunny.
- BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Mr. Brown is a Wonder! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Mr. Brown makes thunder!
- Mother Hubbard in the cellar, I spy Cinderella.
Yes, running through my mind when I should be peacefully sleeping were the words of some of Will's favorite books (a gold star to any of you who can name all four books). Will loves to read and I love to read to him (as does his daddy; see photos below). But as you can imagine, we are getting bored of the ten board books we have (most of Sandra Boynton's books, a couple Eric Carle and one Dr. Seuss among a few others). Sooooo, we turn to our blogging friends to get some recommendations for some new books. Tell us some of your favorite books (preferably board books, but any will do) so that we can expand our repertoire of books!
Posted by Madsen Family at 6:03 AM
Here are some pictures of the cute little culprit:
Always something coming out of his head. I guess I'm too lazy to "stage" the photos.
Posted by Madsen Family at 5:23 AM
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Posted by Madsen Family at 11:27 AM
Friday, July 4, 2008
What do you get when you decide to:
- drive six hours in the car with an almost 5-month-old
- attend the temple for the first time since said 5-month-old was born
- sleep in the same hotel room with aforementioned 5-month-old
- visit authentic church history sites
- eat at a yummy local cafe that came highly recommended (from Annie & Granny)
- shop-til-you-drop at the outlets where your husband usually refuses to stop?
- three hours of a screaming, squirrely baby (he was good for half of each car ride....)
- spiritual replenishment
- a good night's sleep...Will did great sleeping in the hotel's port-a-crib IN THE BATHROOM!
- wet, wet, wet! (it rained and rained and rained and then rained some more)
- yucky, greasy pizza since said local cafe was closed for the week b/c the owner went out of town (couldn't anyone ELSE run it?? Gotta love small towns)!
- great deals and some much-needed shopping for post-baby clothes (I could have shopped for DAYS; Will and his father, on the other hand, could not).
Yes, that sums up our short visit to Palmyra, NY. It was good, wet fun and we'll be happy to do it again soon! Enjoy the pics.
Josh and Will in the sacred grove....bad picture b/c it was WET and I didn't have an umbrella. I did, however, get to wear Josh's dad's awesome purple rain jacket that he bought in 1980 and then gave to Josh (Josh, brilliantly, threw it the trunk of the car in case of rain emergency. And this was just the case: rain emergency. I am not a boy scout like Josh, so had NOT packed my rain gear). I looked hot. Sorry no pictures to document my beauty.
More of Will. Look--he's putting the ball in his mouth--SURPRISE!
Josh and Will in Joseph Smith's barn, with Joseph Smith's frame home in the background.
The barn, the kid and the hubby.
Will and his chins (yes, plural).
More rainy, blurry sacred grove.
Posted by Madsen Family at 12:13 PM