Thursday, September 13, 2007

Finally, a Bundle of Joy!

Some of you may already know, some of you may not really care, but most of you, I'm sure, will be ecstatic to hear the following good news. Yes, after three plus years, an entire team of doctors and nurses spanning the state of New York, thousands of needles, billions of dollars and an unending number of emotional roller coaster rides, we are finally so thrilled to announce that we're having a baby! (Josh likes to say: "After three years, Dr. Kiltz finally knocked up my wife." Though not very tactful and perhaps a bit misleading, it is, nevertheless, so very true. Sad but so very true).

Most of you know where babies come from, but our baby isn't like most of yours. He/she came from a tube labeled with our names on it, containing three little embryos retrieved, hatched and inseminated at CNY Fertility in Syracuse, NY. Thankfully, only one of those little embryos decided to stay, so we're relieved to say that we're only having one baby at this time. We've experienced many stumbling blocks along our path to parenthood, so many that it would fill an entire novel. We don't know why it took so long for our baby to come to us, with both of us being quite fertile, but we do know that we have been blessed to finally reach this point. Thus far everything looks great, except for the two-minute scare today at my 17 week check-up (the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, so she immediately took me to the ultrasound machine where we saw a perfectly healthy baby, complete with the cutest fingers, who WOULDN'T STAY STILL. I was holding my breath throughout the entire ultrasound, I was that nervous. After, the doctor said, "Okay, you can breathe now!"). Now all we can hope and pray for is a happy, healthy baby born on or around the date of February 21, 2008! Stay tuned to find out the sex; we find out on September 25! Any guesses???

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is SOO exciting! Congratulations! And please let us know as soon as you find out the sex. I'll be waiting with baited breath.

jess said...

JESSY!!! I am so beyond happy and excited for you guys! You have no idea!!! I can't imagine two better parents and I know that you've been through so much to get here... I hope pregnancy treats you well - but it is easier to take in all of the craziness that goes with it when you spend so many months just wishing there was a miracle growing inside you. Yeah for you!! You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers. Hmmm... a little Jessy... or a little Joshy?

Ryan and Angela said...

Congratulations. We are so excited for you. But not half as excited as our kids who just today yelled at me when I forgot to pray for your baby. Oh, and I am guessing girl.

Danalin said...

HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY!!! Just in the past month or so Tyler and I were talking about what great parents you guys will be and how we wonder why it has to be hard for some couples. Oh man, what a lucky little person to be born to two such amazing parents! I love him or her already and so wish that we were still there in NY so that we could enjoy this pregnancy together (we're only 8 days apart! :) ) and so that I could bring you some amazing meal after the babe is born. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU TWO!!!!

Oh...and no guesses from me. I guess I have a 50% chance of being right, but I don't even have a guess for the one kickin' inside of me right now. I'm so boring. I will be super excited to see what it is, though! Okay, nevermind. I have a guess. It's gotta be a girl to go shopping with you. You'd have a blast with a mini-you!

JerzyGrl said...

YEAH!!!! I'm SO happy for you too. You are both going to be the best parents. What great news!

Lauren said...

Congrats Jessy and Joshy!!! I am so excited for you guys. Parenthood is AMAZING. You guys deserve the best. How has the pregnancy been? Keep us posted now that the BIG news is out!! I'm guessing a Boy. :)

Anonymous said...

girl. name her Jill!

whitney said...

ahhhhh! jessy! i'm seriously crying right now for you! i'm soooo happy that the long wait you've had is finally over. you are going to make the most wonderful mommy. love you!