Friday, July 8, 2011

This Ain't No Potbelly, People

A few weeks ago, while grocery shopping, a cute little old man came up to me and stated matter-of-factly, "You're having a baby!" I smiled and told him that I was and he was all kindness and congratulations when his wife pulls up with her little cart and reprimands her husband, saying, "You can't just go up to people and tell them they're having a baby--they might just have potbellies!" The cute man points at me and responds with, "That ain't no potbelly." No sir, this sure ain't no potbelly, this is a baby, a big one I might add. So here I am in all my glory at 25+weeks (yes, the + is very important). And as you can clearly see, this sure ain't no potbelly.

I may be huge and I may have a double-chin already, but doesn't my hair look great? Pregnancy is great for hair, at least! (I insisted on getting a pregnancy shot before church so that I at least looked decent and was wearing something besides sweatpants, my outfit of choice these days. I'm lovin' the maxi dresses. They hide the already swelling ankles. Darn this dang humidity. I've had about enough, already).
And Will had to get in on the action, too, of course, giving me some kisses while I made a funny little face. That boy is too cute and really is my best accessory! Now, if you know what is good for you, you will proceed to comment on how darling, how small, how beautiful I look as a pregnant lady (unlike most of the comments I receive while at church, such as, "Wow. You are going to be big," or "Are you having twins?" or "How much longer do you have?"). Let the comments begin.....

10 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Thank you for posting a picture of your cute belly. You truly look wonderful and not big at all. I don't see it. How can people be saying you are big? I got lots of great comments too. And your hair ALWAYS looks cute.

Ryan and Angela said...

Well I didn't need your prompt...because you really do look beautiful pregnant. And trust me, I know what it looks like from the other perspective.

Danalin said...

YOU are the very most beautiful pregnant woman I have ever seen. For realz. You look gorgeous (and little even though you don't feel little). And I really need to know where you got that dress because I love it. I love you and am so happy that you are going to welcome a new little one to your adorable, happy family!

Victoria Blanchard said...

You look radiant and beautiful! And you do not look huge---I'm positive you are smaller than I was with Katie when I was 25+ weeks. I'll never forget being about 25 weeks and someone at church was like "Well that baby will be coming pretty soon now, huh?" And I was like, um, I have three more months!

whitney said...

you're freakin gorgeous jessy!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

you have always had great hair! you look beautiful, and my first thought was how little your tummy is! people say the dumbest stuff to pregnant women. they really should be more thoughtful since most pregnant women are very emotional.

Rosie Moncrief said...

I love my Jessica Spear Madsen with blonde hair!! YOu look fabulous darlin!!!

Kimberly said...

Woah, you have 15 more weeks still? hahaha, jk, that was a church comment. You look great as always!

bluestocking mama said...

looking Fabulous Fabulous! (of course) thanks for the pic!

wendy holt said...

Jessy!! Yay for 25 weeks+ You look so cute! p.s. Happy I found your blog. Prepare to be stalked :)