Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Theory


Let me postulate a little theory here.  Scripturally speaking, any time a woman suffered from some form of biblical infertility, as in had a difficult time conceiving and/or waiting a long, long time to give birth, the child of said mother was promised to much greatness in one form or another.  Examples:  Sarai, Hannah, Samson's mother, Rachel and Elisabeth, to name a few.  The children of these fine mothers--Isaac, Samuel, Samson, Joseph and John--all played a powerful role in the scriptures. Thus, my hypothesis:  infertility+eventual miraculous birth=wonderful, world-changing, uber-strong (as in Samson), extremely righteous, prophet-type child.  And wouldn't you all agree that this quite aptly describes our long-awaited-for, difficulty-in-conceiving William Grant Madsen?  Don't be jealous of our great son.  We can't all give birth to future presidents/prophets/CEOs of a fortune 500 company/NBA basketball star. 

P.S.  Really the above is meant in good humor.  Of course, I love my son and think he is quite phenomenal but I truly have no such lofty expectations in life except for him to grow up, move out of the house, get a job, get married and produce lots and lots of grandchildren for me to love and spoil.

3 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

:) Pretty good theory, I'd say. And you are not the only one in love with that Will-boy. The other day I asked Katie who her favorite friend is, and without hesitation, she said, "Will." She is mad about your son. (Oh, how many times will you hear that before you die?!)

Ryan and Angela said...

I love that "move out of the house" is one of your expectations.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Sounds like a great theory to me. If nothing else he sure is handsome!