Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Wait is Over......

This morning, I woke up, took a shower, got dressed and went downstairs to eat breakfast. The menu today: sugared Frosted Flakes, apple juice and Mountain Dew. Fortunately, this is not my normal meal, but today was special--today was the day I was going to find out if baby was a girl or a boy. Since last time baby was dead asleep and uncooperative, I was determined to have a fully awake child. After eating my highly nutritious and sugar-filled meal, I climbed into the car and drove to the doctor's office. By the time I met Josh at the office, I wasn't feeling so hot. I would not recommend pure fructose for any one's morning feast. But the sugar paid off. As soon as the ultra-sound tech placed that cold probe on my belly, she asked, "Did we find out the gender last time?" After a resounding, "No!" from both Josh and me, she said, "Did you want to know?" Again, another unison cry of "Yes!" and then she showed us a clear shot of baby and all THREE legs (well, one of them wasn't actually a leg). Sure enough, our baby was proud to show us that he's A BOY! Unfortunately, I had a little too much sugar and the ultra-sound tech was none too pleased since she had a difficult time continuing with her measurements due to one squirrely baby. He wouldn't even stay still long enough for a profile shot. At least we got some good profile shots last time, which I will post below:

We're beyond thrilled, relieved and excited to know that all is well with our little baby boy and that he finally decided to reveal himself (literally). Now, let the shopping begin.........

9 comments:

jess said...

yeah!! how exciting!! little boys are the best!! congrats you guys!

whitney said...

love boys! they are so much fun! here's some suggestions for names because i'm sure you'll need as many ideas as you can get...
oliver
preston
asher
spencer
those are some of my favorites that i can't use because they don't sound great with our last names. :(

Kasey Later said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys...it will be so fun to have two little boy cousins so close together. I couldn't be happier for you!

Lindsey said...

So exciting! Congratulations! Now, good luck on chosing a name. That is always tricky, but based on our experience, even more difficult for a boy because Matt had to make sure that it wasn't at all femenine.

Danalin said...

I've been anxiously awaiting this day and this announcement...HOORAY FOR A BOY! You are so going to love having a little man, Jessy! I thought that I wanted a girl first, but now that I have Max I am all for a herd of little boys. I haven't done the girl thing yet, but I have to say there is something really special about a little boy. I am happy that you and the babe are doing well. Wish me luck for next Friday...we'll hopefully be finding out gender as well! Congrats again!!!

Kimberly said...

Yeah! I am so excited. Sound like you better not feed him any caffine once he arrives, sounds like he is pretty sensitive to it, haha. We just cannot wait to see him.

Lauren said...

Congrats Jessy and Josh! Boys are so fun (girls are too, you really can't go wrong either way)! Have you picked out any names yet? Andrew was nameless for 3 weeks. Sad, I know.

Ryan and Angela said...

How exciting. congrats on your baby bundle of boy. Boys are way easier than girls. At least mine were. We are so excited (although Kathleen is a bit dissapointed it isn't a girl).

Anonymous said...

yay for a boy! i'm so excited for you. good luck on the name hunt, though. boy names are tough for us.
catherine