Friday, August 8, 2008

The Futility of Laundry...

Some of you may know I'm a tad particular about my cleaning--I like things done a certain way, but most of all, I like things to stay clean. With a husband and a baby, this is near impossible, but I like to try. Mondays are designated as "upstairs chores" day: the laundry, the bathrooms, the vacuuming, and the dusting. After the cleaning of the upstairs, I always hope that for at least ONE day everything can stay clean. Mostly, though, I want the dirty-clothes bins to STAY EMPTY. I don't know why this is so important to me, but for one day, one whole day, all I ask is to have empty bins--is that too much to hope for? It seems, inevitably, after all the laundry is washed, folded and put away, Josh will come home from work and decide that all his pants need laundering (though previously they had been happily folded in his closet). So suddenly, my beautiful, precious, EMPTY BINS are full of all his pants that he has now, for some strange reason, deemed dirty. Argh. Now, to avoid this, I call him at work and specifically ask if there are any pants, sitting folded in his closet, that he feels need to be washed. This has helped to alleviate the problem as well as keep my precious bins empty. However, this past Monday, Will and I returned home from running errands to find Josh already home, eating a snack. After our greeting, I noticed he had spilled on his shirt and pants. Immediately, I demanded he take off his clothes. Josh looked at me and asked, "You want me to take off my clothes right now?" Then he shrugged, took off his clothes, handed them to me and wandered around for the rest of the evening in his underwear. I didn't even need to explain that I wanted to throw his clothes in with the last load of laundry--I guess he's just used to my neuroses. So, thankfully, I do want to report that for one day, one lovely day, my laundry bins stayed empty. Not for long, though.....ah, the futility of laundry. Can't it just stay done?

Here's some pictures of Will on laundry day. Yes, he, too, is naked so that I could wash his dirty outfit. He LOVED playing in the buff, though. He's too cute!


It was so very hard to snap a picture b/c he is ALWAYS on the move these days.
Look at that bum-crack.
There he is--fully dressed and happy!

7 comments:

Danalin said...

Okay, Miss Jessy, Will could not be any cuter! I love his toothless grin and his cute little bottom. I'm with you on the laundry issue...and sometimes I just throw Ty's jeans in the wash JUST IN CASE so that the next day I don't hear that he has no clean jeans (same thing as Josh..."dirty" jeans hanging in his closet). I tell him the night before laundry night to go through his closet so that I don't miss something. Otherwise, dude, you're outta luck until the next laundry day!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I have a rule in my house, if its not in the bin it doesn't get washed. If you have no clean clothes too bad for you!! Do you ever wonder what they did without us or their mothers? Jason can't eat anything without spilling. Why?
I love naked Will!! You are so brave letting him crawl around nude. Olivia would pee all over if I let her do that.

The Pyper Fam said...

Monday is my cleaning day and I ALWAYS look forward to those few precious hours between when the house finally gets cleaned (including laundry being done) and when Ben gets home. Because I know when he gets home, its all over! :) I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who has developed cleaning OCD since being married.(because we both know that NEITHER one of us had it before we got married!) :)

Emily Christensen said...

I finally caught up on my blog reading. I always save yours for the last because it is always the funniest. You and your obsessive compulsiveness.

Kimberly said...

lols! I know how you feel about the laundry. I am sure seth too would be happy to wander around in his underwear for the cause, but i have given up on empty bins. Will is so cute, he really does have some red hair!

Emily said...

Yes, cleaning never seems to be done with a family. As soon as I finish, something happens to mess it up again. Oh well. I guess I have years ahead of this. I love Will's tush!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

I thought I was reading about myself in your blog! I feel the same way about the laundry basket! I have to also agree with Taraka. Something about getting married and having kids brings on a hidden OCD in me too! Who would have thought.