Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm 6 Months Now......

.......and I can:
sit up all by myself and play with my toys (I'm also very close to being able to get into a sitting position all by myself),
drink from a sippy cup myself (don't I look so big?),
eat a graham cracker all by myself (though it makes a BIG mess that Mama doesn't LOVE to clean up, but since I love them Mama obliges once in a while),
play with my "best friend" for hours (it's really just me in the mirror, but I don't know that yet),
and smile real big at Dada when he gets home from work, even if I am eating my favorite veggie: sweet potatoes. I must really like my Dada because all day today I was chattering: dadadadadadadadadadada over and over.
I also like to:
  • crawl EVERYWHERE though it's half-scoot/half-crawl
  • make lots of "raspberries"
  • scream, scream, scream, just like I'm having a grand ol' time
  • eat mashed bananas: YUM! In fact, I'll pretty much eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. I am getting so much fatter: 16.7 lbs. at my last appointment (25%).
  • sleep through the night for the last two months (yeah for mama! I sleep 11 hours in a row, nurse and then go back to sleep for another hour or so! YIPEE! If only I didn't have to go to bed at 6:30, then I might sleep in a little..)
  • have LOTS of messy diapers (for some reason this seems to really upset Mama; she keeps muttering something about not being able to afford the mortgage the way I go through diapers).
  • giggle lots, especially for my Dada (it's not the same when Mama does it--I think Dada's whiskers tickle me).

Happy 6-months, Will! Here's to hoping for another happy 6!

9 comments:

jess said...

sooo cute... i just wanna squeeze him!! when do i get to meet the little man anyways?

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

He is so cute!! Can you even believe how fast time goes once they finally get here. I wish it would slow down just a bit. I love all the new things they learn and practice. I can't wait to give Wil big loves!!

The Pyper Fam said...

Will is already 6 months??? I can't believe it! He is so cute, I love his little natural missionary haircut! And he has the best smile EVER!:) Can't wait to meet him so soon! :)

Rosie Moncrief said...

I get to see you in two weeks ish!!!! I can't wait!

Rosie Moncrief said...

Well Jessica Spear Madsen, I only bought about $100 worth of candy but I think I can spare a few bars for you!! I'll even give you one of my most favorite candy bars cause I just love ya so much!!

Rindi said...

So cute! I love his hair. Okay, so after hours of research (Greg is funny that way) we purchased the Nikon D60. We love it, but should have gotten the package deal that included the second zoom lens. It came with the 18-55 zoom lens, but we will probably also buy the 55-200 lens soon for any far away shots. But so far, so good. So easy to use and we love the quality. It looks like things are going great for you guys!

Ryan and Angela said...

He is super cute. I can't believe how big he is getting. We are getting so excited to finally see him. He has so much hair (I guess he always has).

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it when babies play in front of the mirror. William still has his mirror buddy when ever we go to a hotel.
I can't wait to meet this little guy!! Are you free to do lunch any of the days you are here?

:) Tiff

Mikaela said...

Where does the time go? 6 months already? I'm so glad he's sleeping! Doesn't that make all the difference in the world?