Yes, people, we are in some serious trouble, trouble right here in River City that starts with "T". Trouble because our little guy has learned to stand right on up. It all began in the bath tub one summer night whilst in a land called Spokane (it seems as though a lot of his new techniques have been acquired while bathing.....hmm). And some of the trouble this new skill has caused us:
- Paper messes EVERYWHERE. He can grab books, files, scrapbook paper--you name it-- from every shelf in our office and he likes to EAT it. Yummy. (Right now he is eating Willa Cather's My Antonia. At least he has good taste).
- More head-damage due to the falling backwards that accompanies said standing up.
- Constant worrying over aforementioned head damage, so I now must watch him like a hawk to protect precious head from any more brain cell loss. (His brain's all he's got since we can't afford to send him to college, seeing as how we spent all our money on his conception).
At least, along with the trouble, this provides pure entertainment and diversion for all of us. His main goal in life is to search out the perfect ledge, crawl to it, pull up to standing position and then proceed to bang on said surface for hours on end.
Some of his favorite places to stand:
- The book shelf in the office.
- The shoe basket in the kitchen.
- The shoe shelves in the closet (I'm sensing a trend).
- The ottoman in the family room.
- The couch in the family room.
- The bath tub ledge (this one causes the most worrying since he slips and falls so very easily in the bathtub).
Of course, what would a post be without a picture? Here's the proof that the little one can stand:
Look at the happy look on his face!