Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Parental Units

They came. We played. We snuggled (well, Will and his grandparents snuggled, that is). We hiked. We celebrated (my mom's b-day). We walked. We swung. We giggled. We sewed (technically just my mom sewed). We ate (and ate and ate). We Palmyra-ed. We bonded. They left. We cried (literally--lots).
Parental units, my ones and only, please, please come back. Often. Soon. Will misses you and talks of you often. I miss you and talk of you often.
Proof positive: Will and Pompa snuggling on the couch (Will was in heaven, watching Cars on the couch with his Pompa. And, I dare say, so was Pompa).

The Palmyra visit. Is there anything better than touring Church history sights with your parents? It was a spiritual feast. I loved being there with my parents, hearing their testimonies, feeling of their spirit, recognizing how blessed I am to have them as my parents.

More Palmyra (the log house).

The sacred grove.

Happy B-day, Mom. Here she is blowing out her candles on her German pancakes.
And this is thanks to my dad, who taught Will all about Mater clips on You-tube. Now, Will is obsessed, addicted and constantly begging for "Mayer, Mayer" on the computer.

6 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Hurray for parents. I'm so glad they get to visit you guys. Your parents are WONDERFUL and will always be my other mom and dad! I hardly ever get to see them too, so send them my love!

Krista said...

I hate it when parents have to leave. I'll second Erika there when she says, "Hooray for parents."

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

How fun! Olivia has discovered youtube as well. Now if she could just figure out how to do it by herself I could get somethings done for a change.

Danalin said...

Just move on over to western Washington, sister. Your parental units will have a much easier trip to see you then! Come on...you know you want to!

The Pyper Fam said...

I didn't know your parents went to visit you...lucky! :)Looks like you had a great time. I think that I have a picture of Josh holding Tucker that same exact way in that same exact building in Palmyra from when we came to visit you! :) When are you coming to Spokane so I can see you??? :)

Emily said...

A bit last minute... We're going to Hershey this weekend (Fri night and Sat), if the weather is good... If we don't meet up this way, we need to find another way in the NEAR future :) You should come here in the Spring for the Cherry Blossoms or something (though it's very crowded, it's beautiful) and we'll be in our new house by then, so we'll have plenty of room for you!