Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Palmyra Pilgrimage

Every year, in the spring, we trek to Palmyra, to revisit the place where it all began--in a grove of trees. Every year, we visit the temple, walk through the grove, see the hill. And every year, I remember why, why I go, why I believe, why I do what I do. Because a boy prayed, in a grove of trees, early one morning in the spring.

This year our pilgrimage wasn't quite as magical as in years past. Will wouldn't sleep in the porta crib {or anywhere else}, I didn't sleep when he didn't, the humidity was rampant, the BUGS were out, Will was a tad crabby from the lack of sleep, I was a tad crabby from the lack of sleep and our favorite sandwich shop was closed. Even still, we met Jane there. We went to the temple. We walked through the grove. And my testimony was fortified.

Did you hear that Palmyra adds ten pounds? I guess so. I'm figurin' it's time to do some bicep curls.
Wouldn't it be fun to be as beautiful as Jane? {Don't worry, I'm not jealous.}
That cute Will.
I love this shot of him. What a ham!

3 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

Here's to tradition, no matter the trials it entails!

Krista said...

What a blessing to be so close to such a sacred spot. Its beautiful.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

What a beautiful spot. Evelyn isn't liking the port a crib thing either. She puts a damper on traveling!