Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Warriors

Not to toot our own horns or anything, but Josh and I are pretty much awesome. Typically, I really don't like to brag (har, har), but I really need to document our accomplishments so that in the future I can recall that it is possible for us to actually be productive. This was our Saturday:

  1. 6:00: Josh went on a 17 mile bike ride.
  2. 7:00: I went on a 5 mile run (and I ran those 5 miles in 42 minutes, people. That's some kind of record, for me anyway. It helped that it was finally cool and un-humid).
  3. 8:00: Ate a homemade breakfast of crepes made by Josh, the best breakfast-maker ever.
  4. 9:00-10:00: Weeded the flower beds that had been neglected all summer long.
  5. 10:00-10:30: Purchased mulch, flowers and new bushes at our local garden center.
  6. 11:00-12:00: Planted flowers, bushes and spread mulch in those long-neglected flower beds.
  7. 1:00: Fed Will and put down for a nap.
  8. 1:00-2:00: Cleaned, organized and swept basement (Jessy).
  9. 1:00-2:00: Swept and cleaned garage (Josh).
  10. 2:00-2:45: Bathed, finally. That was some serious grime and filth I washed off myself--after a run, working in dirt and mulch and then ridding the basement of all cobwebs, I was in desperate need of a shower. Josh too (though it was his second shower of the day. His record for showers in one day: 5. The man likes to be clean).
  11. 2:45-3:00: Vacuumed and mopped all floors on the main level. They were rather messy from traipsing in all forms of dirt, grass and mud.
  12. 3:00: Woke Will up and went to "Woody-Bud" show (how Will refers to Toy Story) at our favorite local theater.
  13. 3:30-5:00: Consumed ridiculous amounts of popcorn and M&Ms (which totally negated earlier run/ride), thoroughly enjoyed new "Woody-Bud" show, even crying shamelessly (it really is a must-see: I laughed; I cried; I cuddled with Will on my lap as he scarfed popcorn non-stop).
  14. 5:00-6:00: Played at the park and even watched a local v-ball tourney they happened to be hosting there.
  15. 6:00-6:30: Josh vacuumed his truck (I think it had been probably at least six years since that had last occurred) while I made dinner and Will rode his bike--in the flower beds, mind you. Josh also cleaned out all the vacuums. Impressive and dirty work.
  16. 7:30-8:00: Gave Will a bath, a story and bed.
  17. 8:30-10:00: Folded laundry and then cuddled, watching our latest favorite show on DVD: "White Collar" (a good show--you should check it out).
  18. 10:30-morning: Went to bed, woke up, destroyed house in the whirlwind that is trying to get to 9:00 church on time. Came home, took a two hour nap, had FHE, made dinner and am now staring in wonder at the hurricane that apparently exploded in my home that was, 24 hours prior, spotlessly clean.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. Lots of work, lots of play. My favorite kind of day. Feel free to now offer your praises and express how incredibly impressed you are with all our hard work (not to mention how impressed you are with my beauty, talents, wit, and, of course, humility). Stay tuned for an update on next weekend which will most likely consist of sleeping in, watching television and eating bon-bons all day.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Wow that is a packed day. Great job you are TOTALLY awesome. Oh and we love White Collar too. :)

Victoria Blanchard said...

You guys are amazing! We can't even keep the kitchen clean on the weekends! (We are always so annoyed that our maid takes the weekend off . . .)

Megan said...

I've always thought you guys were awesome. Even without your proof filled post! It even almost motivated me to go do my dishes.... almost. :)

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Amazing...that is a lot for one day. I'm exhausted just reading about it!