Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh What Did You Do in the Summertime?

Disclaimer: I thought it would be oh-so-fun to describe our WA trip, which happened over two months ago, in the form of a song. However, I never claimed it would be a good song or that it would rhyme. But in the form of a song it is. Enjoy the picture overload. And I even pared it down.
Oh what did you do in the summertime when all the world was green?
Did you hop on three planes,
to go to Spokane,
to see this crazy fam? Is that what you did? Well, so did I.

Oh what did you do in the summer time when all the world was hot? Did you camp in a tent,

with a view like this,
and roast marshmellows with your favorite guy? Is that what you did? Well, so did I.
Oh what did you do in the summertime when all the world was humid? Did you ride on this boat,
or go wake surfing,
or be forced to wear a pink lifejacket? Is that what you did? Well, so did I.
Oh what did you do in the summertime when all the world was happy? Did you ride on the "motorcycle boat",
or build drip castles,
or hit the ball real high in the sky? Is that what you did? Well, so did I.
Oh, what did you do in the summertime when all the world was swimming? Did you play with your cousins,


or hike to waterfalls,

or watch Tanner throw baseaballs in the sky? Is that what you did? Well, so did I!

4 comments:

The Pyper Fam said...

I've been meaning to comment on your last like 5 posts, but you just keep 'em coming! :) I am so sad I missed out on all of this fun while you were here this summer! Looks like you guys had fun while I was roughing it in TRUE humidity! :) Oh how I miss Spear family camp outs! :) Also, I am so jealous you got to spend time in NYC sans the child! :) Oh how I would love to roam NYC! :) (I never have!) And also, I love love love that picture of Will on the potty! SO cute! :) Good luck with that! In true Will fashion, he won't make it easy! :) Love you!

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Such a great family photo, and so many more. It makes me miss Spokane all the more. Happy Times! I'm sure your holiday season will be just a fantastic.

Nicole Lloyd said...

Well done on the song! I like it. :) Where did you guys go camping that looks super fun! I love your guys' family picture too, that's great. Hope all is well for you!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Man I sure miss doing that stuff together. I have so many fond memories. I love the family picture too. Everyone's families are growing so big!