Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Night I Cried Myself to Sleep. . .

. . .was the night my mom/Grammy left us. Really. I cried myself to sleep, for so many reasons. I cried because when Grammy was here:



  • Will had a constant playmate, coloring (and coloring and coloring), playing with play-do, driving cars, reading books, etc., etc., etc. Will loves him his Grammy and could NOT understand why she had to go home.

  • I got to sleep in until 8 every morning, knowing that Will was taken care of. I cried a lot for the loss of this one.

  • We had a home cooked meal every night that I had nothing to do with. And I never even washed a dish.

  • We ate lots of yummy homemade baked goods (Will told me after Grammy left that Grammy is the best cookie maker ever.)

  • Will got to and from preschool without any assistance from me.

  • She cleaned my house. Twice. And it needed it.

  • I had a constant friend and companion. I cried the most at the loss of this one.

We love you, Grammy. We miss you. We really, really want you to come back. And soon. Thanks for making the long trek out to see us and help us.


Now, here is the only picture I took of Grammy and my kids, but it had to make it on the blog):

4 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

It makes total sense why you would cry yourself to sleep. Sounds like you have a super mom. I'm sorry she had to go and lives so far away! I really hope my mom can come help me for all the same reasons in February, but I don't know if she'll be able to. I don't even know if Ryan's mom can come because she's having health issues. Sigh . . .

The Pyper Fam said...

There is nothing better than having your mommy around! :) And I do love your mommy, too! :) I'm glad you had a good time, I know she was SO excited to head to NY! And I love love love the pics from your last post of your cute family! :)

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

there is nothing worse than your mom leaving after you have a baby!! love the family pix!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Been there done that. I cried when my mom left and she lives in town!! It is just so nice to have those extra hands around all day and night.