Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Double Buttoners

Way back in March, Will and I had a little mother/son date.  Since Will is an avid lover of the movie and music of Annie, we went to a little Annie production at a local elementary school.  As I'm sure you might imagine, little elementary kids traipsing across the stage dressed as Ms. Hannigan and Daddy Warbucks was a tad amusing while also delightfully entertaining.  The production itself was short and sweet (only forty minutes!) but Will and I shared a milkshake on the way home while singing "It's a Hard Knock Life" in full, off-key gusto the entire time.

I'd recently purchased a new coat and when Will saw it, he proclaimed, "It's a double-button coat--just like mine!"  And as such, Will insisted both he and I wear our "double-button" coats for the event.  So, clad in our double-button coats we were off for a night on the town.  And what did Will call us the entire night?  Why, the double-buttoners, of course.  He chanted the whole night long, "We're the double-buttoners!  We're the double-buttoners!"  He rotated this with, "The double-buttoners are getting a milkshake," and, "The double-buttoners are off to see Annie," and so on and so forth.  I doubt I could love this kid any more.  He's just pure entertainment.

And now, for your viewing pleasure:  The Double-Buttoners:



2 comments:

ShelbySpear said...

He is so cute!!! I love your double-button coats!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Totes adorbs. What a kid. Sooooo sad we don't get to see him in action when we're up in a few weeks. :(