Friday, February 13, 2009

You WILL Have Fun

We are pretty much convinced that our child loves tubing. Will, on the other hand, is pretty much convinced that he hates it. However, we persevere, knowing as we do that he secretly loves it. Luckily, our backyard is the perfect small sledding hill, so any time the temperature creeps up to ABOVE freezing, we take our child out to the backyard, plop him on a tube and tell him: "You WILL have fun!" And if these pictures are any indication, he clearly is a lover of tubing. Well, you can be the judge of that:


Yes, I know that not one picture shows him smiling and one picture even shows him crying hysterically, but we won't give up. No, we'll never, never, never give up. Our child will love tubing and he will have fun.

7 comments:

Rosie Moncrief said...

I hate tubing and sleding!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Oh I can see how much he loves it!!!

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute in is whittle snowsuit. I think he will love it the more you take him. Our kids have hated and loved sledding. I think it's me that doesn't like it so much. Dave jumped on the back of mine and we went so fast. I panicked and tried to wipe out, but got my leg twisted and caught under the sled. Had a nasty welt on my ankle for a month. Then I went down off some jumps and bruised my tailbone, so I am done this year. Maybe next year I will get a tube, they look a lot more comfortable.

Danalin said...

HA! Keep it up. We totally do that to our kids. In fact, we did the same thing with Max and sledding just about a month ago. But we added on making him stay outside until our snowman was completely finished even though he was crying and cold. We kept saying "THIS IS FUN!" through clenched teeth. The best parents do stuff like that. :)

Emily Christensen said...

Will you look like you love tubing as much as I love going to the dentist. We miss you guys.

The Pyper Fam said...

I can totally tell that he loved it! Don't worry Jessy, He loved it!:)

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

It will grow on him. In the mean time I see Kirk in those angry faces saying "dummy jerk!" How on earth did you ski with Will on your back? You must be good and not fall like us!