Thursday, April 9, 2009

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Bunny?

Not my son. Perhaps his inordinate fear of large Holiday figures has finally disappeared. Perhaps it is because his dad never let him go. Or perhaps it is because he has finally figured out that large Holiday figures, strange as they may be, are somehow connected to the sugary goodness that is candy. Whatever the cause, there was no screaming involved during Will's first encounter with the Easter Bunny. So, though he wasn't exactly thrilled to meet the Bunny Man, we'll still call it a success.




What he was thrilled to meet: eggs (which he called balls the entire time) filled with chocolate. Plastic eggs really are my new favorite friend as well. He loves figuring out how to open them and then when I put prizes in them (usually just goldfish and raisins at home) he thinks that is the greatest thing, so it occupies tons of time. I just hide eggs around the house and then I have some uninterrupted time, just like that! (On a side note, I was trying to hide Easter Eggs for a Young Women's activity at the church yesterday and Will was "helping" me. By helping I mean un-hiding all the eggs I had just hidden and then taking out whatever was inside those eggs and destroying it. So very helpful, right?).

I'm pretty sure that he just stole an egg from this fellow. Ah well, at least he got an egg.

Here he is with his "balls", lovin' every second.

Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Times! I love the Easter egg hunts. This year we are doing our own, because the kiddos have soccer games all day.

Will is so cute with the bunny man. It's so exciting to watch them discover the fun of holidays.

*HUGS*

Rosie Moncrief said...

Happy Easter!! I can't believe how grown up Will is looking these days!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

How cute. Olivia only likes the easter bunny from a far. Will looks so much like a Spear now. Hes so cute!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Will is so cute. Easter is one of the greatest holidays for that exact reason. It lasts all month long. My kids love hiding and finding eggs over and over. It NEVER gets old and the treats inside are just a bonus!