Monday, March 29, 2010

68 Degrees

Let me tell you, we've been having some dreamy weather here (well, at least last week that was the case) and all I can say is: 68 degrees, will you marry me? Will you be my one and only and stay with me forever and ever? Because in your sunniness I can bask in the goodness that is you and spend my days playing endlessly at parks, going on nature walks, taking long bike rides and runs, pushing Will on the swing for hours and even reading a book in the lawn chair while Will runs gleefully around me. I love that in your blissful warmth I don't have to take twelve years layering coats and boots on Will to step outside for all of 15 minutes. I love that I get to see Will's cute, chubby legs in his short, shorts. Yes, 68 degrees, I love you. Never, never leave me.

In one way, though, you have brought some distress into my life. You have provided a means for my child to go out in public, dressed in a way that I thought I would never allow. Yes, Will insists on wearing sandals WITH HIS SOCKS. I shrieked, I moaned, I begged for the good of all that is holy, asking him to please not wear socks with his (too small) sandals. But did he listen? No. He threw a perfectly dreadful tantrum and voila: here he is in all his fashion faux pas-ness.

It's a good thing you're cute, kid. (Here he is with his awkward "cheese" smile).

6 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Nothing is better than sitting outside in a lawn chair reading a book and enjoying the sun while the kids play around! Unfortunately our good weather turned to rain this week:( Love the socks and sandals!

Jane said...

I think the sandal-sock combo runs in the genes. Good luck in the future!

Krista said...

That is one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen! Sandals and socks...hilarious.

Rosie Moncrief said...

He is getting so big and handsome!!! Love it!

Lindsey said...

He may die of embarrassment when he gets older, but for now, the sandal/sock combo is too cute!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

with a face like his he can pull socks and sandals off with flare! too cute.