Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nap Time

As I'm sure you've noticed, I haven't been blogging much recently. The reasons why? Well, really there are three. Usually, I blog during nap time, but as of late during nap time I have been busy with this:
and this:
and, of course, this:

I'm seriously addicted. I think I have a problem. I've only recently, sadly enough, discovered Elizabeth Gaskell and I simply cannot get enough of her. And Jane Eyre? I think I've seen it half a dozen times, but it deserves a good viewing at least once a year. Every time I watch it, I get so caught up in the story, as though I don't know how it will end. Please, please promise me you will go and watch all of these (and more). And don't even get me started on the fact that Masterpiece Theater has just redone almost all of Austen's work. There just isn't enough nap time in the day.

And, please, please tell me that you are just as productive as I am during nap time. I'm dying to know: how do you spend your nap time (if you are so very blessed to have it)? And, of course, stay tuned for an update soon (just as soon as I finish Jane Eyre for the umpteenth time, that is).

5 comments:

Megan said...

Jane Eyre might be my all time favorite book ever and I LOVE LOVE LOVE North and South- could watch it a million times over. I think your use of nap time is very productive, think of the nice mommy you are when Will wakes up because you've had some very needed "me" time. Most of my nap times right now are occupied by me taking a nap too. Not very productive but very necessary!

Kristina said...

Too funny. I watch all sorts of TiVoed shows too and sit on the couch with Ben & Jerrys.

Danalin said...

If only....relish your nap time activities, sister. Max finally stopped about 6 months ago and now I have an unreliable newborn who doesn't yet have a nap pattern. Maybe, though, this will be my after the kids are in bed and Ty is at school until 10:30 activity!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Sigh . . . so jealous. I have to use my inadequate quantity of nap time to do school work. Hopefully a year and a half from now I'll finally be done with school once and for all (no post-doc!) and that will change.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Reading and movies are so much more fun than blogging! I love to do that too during "quiet" time, although my kids don't nap. I love those old classic books.