Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fathers & Sons' Camp Out (a.k.a. Jessy's Day Off)

Will and Josh's first fathers and sons' camp out. Sure, they had a good time--eating s'mores, playing by/with the fire, sleeping in a "camping bed" (as Will called it) and eating a yummy campfire breakfast of "pankicks". Sure, Josh was in heaven, snuggling with Will in the tent all night (Will's first time not sleeping in a crib, by the way, and he did just fine). Sure, Will still talks about sleeping in the "camping bed." But really, what it was all about was what I got to do (because, let's be honest, this is my blog and isn't it always all about me?). I got to go for a nice long bike ride, without rushing back home. I got to CLEAN all the floors, with no one spilling or messing up around me. I got to take a nice long, hot shower. I got to watch a non-Hollywood action thriller (BBC's Bleak House. Slow but wonderful. Josh could have never stomached it). I got to go to bed nice and early. I got to SLEEP IN. I got to go on a nice loooooooong run. (Of course, I did lock myself out of the house after my run, but luckily Josh and Will were on their way home). I say: let's have a fathers and sons' camp out every weekend. I know I could sure use the break.
My cute boys.

4 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE Father/Sons Campout! Although it's not as much of a break now that I have a girl, but I'll happily take her. My boys look forward to this all year. Too bad 2 wardies got lymes disease at ours this year. BTW, I love reading your posts. They always make me smile!

Lindsey said...

Sounds wonderful! Maybe I should suggest that our ward has a Fathers & Sons Camp Out.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Oh what a great idea. Glad you got some time to yourself...so important!

Danalin said...

Aaaahhhh...sounds so lovely. I can't even begin to imagine what I would do with my time because I can't imagine a time when that will ever happen for me. But that doesn't stop me from being so, so happy for you! So nice.