Friday, December 31, 2010

Grammy & Pompa

Our favorite thing about our Spokane visit really was how much we got spoiled by our Grammy and Pompa. Really, my life was a dream: woke up, went to the gym with my dad while Grammy watched Will, played with Grammy, Pompa, Will, aunts, uncles, and cousins all day, napped while Will napped, ate a homemade meal almost every night, went to bed and started it all over again. Of course, we did miss our dada, or else we may have never left. Will just adores his Grammy and Pompa and talks of them often. And, I daresay, I think the feeling is mutual.

Love you, Grammy and Pompa! Can't wait to see you again.
Will's acrobatics with Pompa.
It was a nightly ritual to play this game.

They took us to the Nativity Festival. It was pretty cool. (Can't you tell Will is having fun from the photo?)
I had to include this photo, even though Will is missing, because it makes me smile. I was napping (as was the daily ritual) and Will had woken up from his nap and was playing with my dad when my dad showed Will the deer under the swing set. Will was so excited, convinced that it was one of Santa's reindeer. He came racing downstairs, woke me up and said, "Mama, get my 'now boots on. Santa reindeer outside." It was priceless. Of course, the reindeer bolted as soon as we stepped outside.
Will and Pompa snuggling on the couch with the nigh-nigh. Does it get any cuter than that?

3 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

Grandparent-grandchild relationships are the best! So heartwarming!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Your mom and dad are so great. They came to our ward on Sunday, because Cam and Rochelle were speaking. It was good to see them. Your little man Will is getting so big.

Glad to hear you had a relaxing trip. Hope you had a great Christmas and Have a Happy New Year!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Nothing better than being spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa. I'm glad you guys can get away to visit good old Spokane!