Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fathers' and Sons' Campout

It's no secret that this boy loves his dada. (What's not to love?). So, put together the following equation and this boy is in hog-heaven. Camping+Dada=True Love. I wish I could just bottle this kid's excitement up and keep it forever and ever. He was that excited for his camping trip with his dada (or Joshy as he calls him of late), following him around, gathering gear, collecting the "camping bed". But truth be told, I don't know who loves it more, Will or his dada. Either way, fun was had by all (including me, who went to bed early after watching some of Masterpiece Theater's Downton Abbey and then slept in and cleaned the house uninterrupted). We love you, Fathers' and Sons' Campout (though we never know quite where to place your apostrophes). Until next year!









Note: Josh took Will out for a boys' night out while I hosted a baby shower at my house the other night. They went swimming at the Y, then stopped off at the local grocery store for some chicken tenders (a.k.a. "chicken nuggets"--Will's current obsession). Then, they ate the chicken "nuggets" in the car, Will referring to the adventure as a "car picnic". While sitting there, eating his chicken nuggets with his dada, he looks over at Josh and says, "I soooo happy." A few minutes later, he reveals, "I love you, Dada." I daresay Josh was sooooooo happy, too. What a ham, that kid.

1 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Don't ask me where the apostrophies go!(I can't spell either) Daddy is always the favorite because they cram as much fun into one event when they get to watch the kids. And they get all the love!