Thursday, February 9, 2012

Darn That Baby Weight

I'm ba-ack from my two-week vacation (I'm sure you've missed me). And while I enjoyed myself immensely whilst on vacation, the post-vacation depression has come on in full force. I miss never cooking, cleaning or grocery shopping. I miss the great company, the constant entertainment for both me and my kids in the form of siblings/parents/grandparents/cousins. But what I miss most of all? The food. Because now that I'm back to real life and back to reality, I've come to realize something: this darn baby weight ain't going anywhere any time soon. Thus, the sad end to my happy days of eating whatever I want whenever I want. And the beginning of my days of tracking every calorie on MyFitnessPal.com and dreaming constantly of ice cream, butter and all things fattening (I have a serious sweet tooth). In order to help reach my goal, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who wants to join me in my quest for healthy living/eating? You know what they say: you have more success if you diet with friends (but what I really think they mean is: misery loves company). So, let me know if you want to have the time of your life, depriving oneself of food and happiness but eventually (hopefully) looking decent in a bathing suit.

P.S. Send my way your favorite healthy meals and snacks and I would love you forever and ever!

6 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

I know how you feel---that's how our trip to NY was (especially staying with Rachelle Standage who totally spoiled us for dinner, and dessert, every night!). For months I've been thinking about starting a little series on my blog with posts about things that have helped me lose weight in the past. I think I'm going to start it after I have E though, and who knows when/how much I'll be posting (you are such a great example---you've blogged so much with two kids!). But for now I'll say, I've had a lot of luck with working toward a more plant based diet (not necessarily no meat, but just emphasizing as many plants as possible each day). And hummus and sweet pottatoes are life savers. Both are filling, delicious, nutritious, and low calorie compared to other things I could be eating. I also do sweet salads: spinach or dark greens with pecans, dried cranberries, and orange, strawberry, or apple with just some honey (kind of mix it in with the juice from the fruit you cut) for the dressing. That way it stays low-fat.

Jane said...

I did miss you! Welcome back. And I think you forgot "aunts/sisters-in-law" in the entertainment portion. It was so fun seeing you!

B Robinson said...

Hi Jessy,

My goal is 10 lbs. Thats it 10lbs. Then I will set a new goal. I am not sure how when I am getting 4 hours of sleep a night. Maybe sleep deprivation will make me slim?

Beth

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Amen to that darn baby weight. I've got 4 kids worth! Just run with the desire. I don't even have that anymore!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

at least theres a baby to show for the extra weight right! extra weight or not you're still beautiful. as for why i'm being induced, i tend to have babies that are average for most people which mean too big for me. so we take them a bit early so they don't cause the damage that olivia did. as for jason being brave to go out of town, thats not exactly the word i have been using!!!! i mean really.

Rosie Moncrief said...

It's all about circuit training my dear!!! Jillian Michaels has really great dvd's if you only have 30 mins aday to work out.