Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crib Progress!

Happy Day, there is actually something to report on the crib front! Since Josh is the self-proclaimed king of procrastination, he has left the crib-making to the very last minute. And we are getting to the last minute, people. So, alas, he has rallied his efforts and started fiendishly working on said crib. (Plus, it doesn't hurt that he has a little incentive: a ski trip to Utah. His dad and brother are going skiing the first weekend of February and I told him, of course he could go, as long as the crib was finished so I could spend the weekend getting the nursery ready). Well, it worked like a charm and finally the crib is really coming along (this week there was some slow progress because he thought he lost the special router wrench that can change out the bits; without it, he was at a stand-still. After going through every bag of trash and then searching everywhere, he finally ordered a new one on the Internet. Then, on Saturday when he was working on something else at the table saw, he found it hidden inside a crevice of the saw. I knew instantly when he found it because I can hear everything through the vents when he is working in the basement--we even communicate that way--like I say, "Luke, I am your Father" and Josh swears I sound just like Darth Vader.....Anyway, I was upstairs, reading in our bedroom two floors up and I hear this, "Oh (insert your favorite expletive...just like Josh)! Are you kidding me?!!!" through the vents. I knew he must have found the wrench and so I ran downstairs and sure enough, he had).

Sooooooo, ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure, behold the beauty that is the crib-in-progress. Josh did a "dry fit" of the crib and it's so fun because it actually looks like a crib. He still needs to route the edges to make them look more polished and add some decorative elements and, of course, I will paint it, but it is well on it's way to being fit to house our little baby Willy. Nice work, Joshy, and please, please, keep it up. For those of you keeping tabs, the official "due date" for the crib is January 29th (the day before he leaves on ski trip)!

Here is Josh, posing by the crib. In his defense, I always make him do a fancy pose. However, how he poses is his choice. I guess today he just felt like showing off a little leg.

9 comments:

jess said...

wow!! impressive!! (the crib i mean, not joshy's leg...) i really wish you guys didn't live on the other side of the WORLD! :(

The Pyper Fam said...

Yeah Joshy! The Crib looks amazing! I'm so impressed. Are you taking orders? I wish I could come help you decorate while Joshy is away! Why can't I be rich?

Megan said...

ooohhh! I love it. That will be such a special crib for you guys and so proud of Josh for making such a fabulous thing! Reed made a dresser and changing table when Nate was born and I still just love it! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Danalin said...

Quit your day job, Josh! That is such a beautiful crib. I am excited to see it all finished and painted with the really cute crib set inside. The only thing better than that will be when you send pictures of little Willy sleeping in it. Can you believe how close you're getting?! Oh, and nice leg, Josh!

Lauren said...

Amazing crib joshy! I can't wait to see how you decorate the nursery and I especially can't wait to see little Willy. When is your due date? You need to post more pictures of you with your cute belly! When are we going to have another girls trip(one that I can come to this time)?!

Anonymous said...

You got yourself a good man there Jess. I am so excited that it's going to be ready for your little man. Josh did an amazing job. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Kimberly said...

The crib looks great! I am impressed. Willy will love it. I bet you are excited to get everything all set up in your nursery. I am totally nesting right now, by the time our baby comes our whole house will be redecorated, haha!

whitney said...

wow! that's beeeyoooutiful! i can't believe that josh is building your crib. that is so cool. you'll definitely have to post pictures of the nursery after it's done. i can't wait to see what you concoct with your great taste, jessy.

Rindi said...

That is so awesome! What a neat thing to always have. Good job Josh!