Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Letter to Willy...

Dear Baby Willy,

If you could be so kind and please see that you do the following for me, I would appreciate it greatly:

  • Please, oh, please, stop pressing on my bladder. I MUST stop: waking up every two hours to use the restroom, going through a roll of toilet paper a day, knowing the fastest and quickest route to any given bathroom in all public arenas and, worst of all, I MUST, MUST, MUST stop wetting myself every time I laugh, cough, cry, blink, think, drink....
  • Please, oh, please, kindly remove your feet from my ribs. It is imperative that I breathe and this rib-kicking is making it mighty difficult.
  • Please, oh, please, STOP growing. I am determined that you will: A. be a small, 6-lb. baby, B. have a teeny-tiny head and C. be extra slippery. However, the doctors are telling me that A. you are a BIG boy, B. I am a BIG girl (as in extra heavy) and C. you are mighty comfy in this home I've created for you.
  • Finally, please, oh, please, come on or before your due date. And while you're at it, see to it that you get here quickly, safely and, most of all, healthy (all while I am happily drugged with my heaven-sent epidural)!!!

I can't wait to meet you. See you in four weeks! (Or before, right?)!!!!

Love, Your Mama

7 comments:

jess said...

oh gee, i sure don't miss being pregnant!!! can't wait till he comes!!

Megan said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO (did I emphasize that enough??) excited for you. Unfortunately for you, the last four weeks always DRAG by for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they go speedy for you. I can't wait to see Willy!

Rindi said...

Sorry to say, but it gets WAYYYYYY worse before it gets better. The last month is super tough! And you will soon find that little babies NEVER listen to their mothers. He will most likely be huge, overdue, and stubborn! :) (at least in my experience it has always been that way!) but for your sake, I hope your wishes come true!! All of the pain and suffering immediately leaves your mind the second (and i mean second) that you see that little bundle of joy. It is the best experience ever!! Good luck surviving the month.

Carlie said...

Jesse- Thanks for your sweet comment. You are way too flattering.
As for you, I really hope you have a smooth 4 weeks (or less) left. I can't wait to see that little Mad baby! Also, I need your address so I can send you a little gift!

Danalin said...

It's true. I loved being pregnant until about 37 weeks. Then I was done. SO done. My sister-in-law says that before she had kids she thought that they used the term delivery because of the whole birthing process, but now she realizes that it's because you are finally being delivered from all of the angst of the pregnancy - especially the final weeks. DELIVER ME!!!

I also echo your friend, "rindi"...you totally forget it the second you see the babe. I turned to my nurse after Max was born as they were weighing him and said, "I want to do that again!" Mind you, this was following a 45 hour labor. Maybe we'll deliver on the same day? I am just positive that my little girl is going to be super cooperative and come early. :)

I can't wait to get the news that Little Willy has arrived! (Sorry that I always leave such long comments...)

Mikaela said...

Where is a photo of this "BIG girl?" I'd like to see one...

Kimberly said...

That is a great little letter. You will have to let me know if that approach works, i may be writing one in a few months if you see he cooperates with all your requests! I need this baby to reposition herself off of my siatic nerve.

Oh, and jessy, you must know you can have many BFF's. What's even greater will be two of my bff's becoming bff's. That will be a wondrous day.
btw, seth and i will miss you guys on superbowl sunday. And your fruit and veggie pizzas! Yum, Yum!