Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This was the Mother's Day...

...where I got to spend most of the night in the hospital (9-4. Had some bleeding but everything looks just fine. Still, not fun). Not pictured: Josh and me shoved onto a twin bed in one of the recovery rooms at the hospital, trying to sleep, waiting 5 hours for the doctor to read the results of the ultrasound--which never came. I didn't end up getting the results until Monday morning.

...where I got to find out that we are having a baby girl (made the seven-hour hospital stay almost worth it. Really, the ultrasound tech made the night--every time she highlighted a part of the baby on the screen she would exclaim, "Perfect! Gorgeous!" over and over again. I like to believe that is exactly what my baby girl will be: perfect and gorgeous). Pictured: the fabric I am dying to make for my baby girl's bedding. If only I could sew.


...where we got to spend it with some of our favorite people--the East coast Madsens, Nate, Amy, Sam, Beth, Baby James and Aunt Jane. We had fun playing outside, eating at Five Guys (which is now officially tradition), riding bikes, swimming, talking, shopping (at Target. Which is now officially tradition since no one else has Targets accessible to them), and eating at our favorite local restaurant. Will adores his cousins and that night, after they left, he said in his prayers, "Please bless our cousins to come back." I feel the same way, Will. Pictured: Nate giving the kids a horsey ride (I love Nate's face), Will and Beth hugging, Sam and Will on the "choo-choo" and cute baby James. Not pictured: cute Aunt Jane, snuggling and reading books to Will. How do I always miss pictures of that?








...where I didn't make it through more than 15 minutes of church, due to some dysentery-like sickness that left me crippled for two hours. I haven't been that sick since King Tut's tomb in Egypt. When I ran out of church with Josh's keys, all I had to say to him so that he would know the severity of my illness was, "I feel a King Tut's tomb re-enactment coming on." Not pictured: me being deathly ill--and it's a good thing.

...where I got spoiled by the men in my life. Josh was a dream and took all three kids to Lowe's on Saturday to make our Mother's Day vases. Then he took all three of them to the store to buy flowers for the Mother's Day vases. Then he took all three of them swimming at the Y while Amy and I went and got pedicures (and Jane stayed home with a sleeping baby James. Thanks, Jane). Then Josh made us all scones on Mother's Day and then that night made dinner and not only cleaned up the dinner dishes but the whole house, which was a mess from having six extra people in it. He really knows how to treat his woman. Pictured: Will and the vases he made for his mama on Mother's Day.

...where I realized how blessed I am. As Josh, Will and I sat on Will's bed reading scriptures and Josh offered the evening prayer (and he prayed for our baby girl and our little boy), tears just streamed down my face as I recognized the manifold blessings in my life. My cup runneth over. Not pictured: me, blubbering and crying like a baby, runny nose and all.


Happy Mother's day to all the women in my life.

8 comments:

Ryan and Angela said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! A baby girl! That is so exciting! I had some bleeding with Cody. It is pretty scary. I am glad you are okay.

Victoria Blanchard said...

I saw you leave---I'm so sorry about the bleeding (and the worry) and the sickness!

BUT SO EXCITED about your baby GIRL!!!! I thought so! Love the fabric! If I weren't moving, I would help you sew it! Maybe Stella or Leslie could help?

Victoria Blanchard said...

Oh, and I am positive that she will perfect and gorgeous!

Nicole Lloyd said...

Congrats on your baby girl!! That is so exciting!! :) If she is anything like your cute little Will she will be perfect and gorgeous!

Krista said...

I had a similar experience...7 hours in the E.R, $2300 later, 3 weeks of bleeding and bedrest, and still no doctor could tell me what was wrong. I just hope your Ultra sound technician is right cause mine told us it was a boy, now its a girl! SOOOO glad everything is o.k. Your girl couldn't be anything less than gorgeous and perfect just like you! Rest lots and Happy Mothers Day.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

I am so happy to hear everything is fine and that you are having a baby girl!! She will be the best dressed and most stylish baby girl I know! Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

Jane said...

Yay for baby girls! I think my favorite pic is the one of Will and the vases. Adorable! And I'll forgive you for not (ever) having any pictures of me.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

sorry about the bleeding. i had the same thing with mya and they never could tell me why. i love that you are having a girl!! she will be perfect and gorgeous just like her mom!!