Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Happiest Day of Josh's Life


I'm sure if you would ask Josh what the happiest day of his life has been thus far, he wouldn't say that it was our wedding day or the day that he graduated from either colleges, but I AM sure he would say, "The day I went to the Boston Red Sox game." Thanks to my parents, who bought both Josh and me tickets to a game last May (Yeah! Four hours of baseball; I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time), we got to experience Fenway Park and the Boston Red Sox. Honestly, I can't tell you much about the game, except that Kurt Schilling pitched the first half, that Big Papi did NOT hit a homerun and that the Red Sox blew out the competition, the Baltimore Orioles, in one inning alone. I CAN tell you, however, about my favorite parts of the game: dreamy polish dogs outside the gates of Fenway (if you look closely, you can see I enjoyed the dogs too much--I spilled ketchup on my pants), getting "Peanuts and Cracker Jacks" from the vendors, singing "Sweet Caroline" at the 7th inning stretch, and shouting "Yoooooooooouuuuuuuk" every time Kevin Youkilis got up to the plate. For Josh, a dream come true and, I'm sure, the happiest day of his life. For me, it was all about the food and the singing. When is it not?

3 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Great blog, Jessy. Why are you so funny and clever? And could your husband be any cuter?

jess said...

Yeah!!! A Jessy and Joshy Blog!!! I am so excited!! I really have missed that sense of humor of yours, and of course the amazing pictures...
So glad that you can make me laugh from all the way across the country!

Danalin said...

Hooray! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! As you'll see when you check out my blog (because of course you want to...washingtonfosters.blogspot.com), I have been at it for a long, long time and you already have more interesting and funny posts than me. I sure have thought about you guys a lot! I am excited to have another blog to check in on. That seems to be how I spend Max's naps. I know, real productive. Can I add you to my "Friends" list on my blog? :)

So...you're unemployed...I know this great place where they always seem to have openings for some reason. You may have heard of it - Lozman's Orthodontics. Haha! Anyway, hope you drop my blog soon. I'll be sure to make regular comments on yours!