Monday, March 3, 2008

When You're Born Two Weeks Early.....

This is what your nursery looks like:

Yes, Will's room is a VERITABLE mess! I guess we were just not prepared for him to come early, even though we had 9 MONTHS to prepare--somehow it still caught us off guard. And somehow, almost one month after his birth, it still looks like this. I guess the feeding, changing, clothing and general care of the child take precedence to the organizing of his room. Hopefully soon it will look like the DARLING nursery that I had envisioned (take a gander at the sailboat/beach pictures....I made those, people! Yes, those are my nifty art creations. I am pleased as punch with how they turned out and I am sure you are, too). Also, NOTICE THE ABSENCE OF A CRIB. Indeed, it is still in the making; hence, the next photo. When you're born two weeks early and you're crib STILL isn't done, then this is where you sleep:
That's right, folks. This is what we now refer to as Baby Willy's room: the master closet. And since he wanted NO part in sleeping in his port-a-crib, he gets to sleep in his carseat. You may wonder, "Where is the baby?" Well, if you look closely, you can see him in there, all bundled and swaddled tight as can be. He LOVES to sleep all bound up and HATES it when one of his arms breaks free (Mama hates it too, since he wakes up when he breaks loose from his swaddling). Poor Will, relegated to sleeping in our closet with my shoes. At least now I can honestly say that the closet houses my two most precious possessions: my shoes and my baby (not in that order, of course!). At lease you're in good, expensive and excessive company Will.

8 comments:

Rindi said...

Well, at least I can tell that that is going to be one DARLING nursery!! You are a lucky mom! Great art! Wow...how did you do that? Also, great shoes! Oh, and cute baby...at least the top of his head. He definitely looks snug. How fun.

Ryan and Angela said...

That is so cute. You know, our nursery was always ready to go and yet somehow the baby still slept in the car seat. My boys were the worst. They hated sleeping anywhere else. We had to wean them from their car seats. One of my boys even slept in his car seat in the crib. Go figure.

Megan said...

Laynie slept in her car seat until she was almost four months. My mom was horrified! But she too LOVED to be swaddled and snug and the best place was in her car seat. I think her and Willy are destined as soul mates. :) I really wish arranged marriages were still in tact.

Anonymous said...

Michael my first slept in his carseat for 4 months. He loved it!! Will looks so cozy, warm, and cute!

Lauren said...

I slept in the closet for the first few months of my life and I think I turned out okay...well mostly. ;) I can't wait to see the finished product. His room is going to be adorable. When did you take up painting? Another hidden talent!!

Kimberly said...

That looks a lot like kaylee's sleeping quarters for the first 5 months. This was not due to a lack of room, or crib, she just wouldnt sleep in her crib, so she stayed in her carseat, and since her room was so light, the dark closet gave her a much better nights sleep! I can't wait to see your nursery, those pictures you painted are so cute!

whitney said...

hey, we all do whatever we can to get the baby to sleep as long as they can... and that's okay. :) you're nursery is going to be wicked cute when it's done... i love the colors!

Danalin said...

I was going to say the same thing...little Will just might be sleeping in his car seat even after the crib is done and his room is all set up. And that's totally okay! I LOVE the theme of his room and all of the cute pieces. Make sure to take pictures once it's all done!