Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hockey, Joshy!

When my oldest nephew, Tanner, was just a little guy, Josh constantly tried to convince Tanner that the sport he most wanted to play was hockey. Josh would coach Tanner to respond to the question, "What sport do you want to play?" with an emphatic, "HOCKEY!" Well, Tanner, wanting so desperately to oblige, would always cooperate; however he added his own take on the response. When Josh would ask, "What sport do you want to play?" Tanner would announce: "HOCKEY, JOSHY!" Needless to say, Josh is already trying to brainwash our 2.5 month old little boy into thinking that hockey is the cat's meow. In fact, just this weekend this is what I found when I entered the living/family room:
Yes, I overhead Josh telling Will all about the game. I guess you can't start too early. My boys. Does it get any cuter than this?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sure are cute Jess! Glad your parents and sis could come for a visit. It makes me miss my family.
Oh, Happy belated Birthday!! I never forget since it's a week a part form mine.

Rindi said...

So cute! I love the whole daddy-little boy duo. Very cute pictures. I'm glad you had fun with family for the blessing. You look beautiful and your baby is adorable. I hope you get rested soon. Don't worry, you will sleep again in a few years!

Ryan and Angela said...

That is pretty cute. Of course, Ryan does the same thing to our kids but with baseball. Even Cody can say, "Boo Yankees" and "Go Red Sox."

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

I think it is totally natural for dads to encourage there sons. Jimmy set up a teeball stand that is now a permanent ficture in our home.:) The boys love to play on it and I've just gotten used to the ball flying through the air.

Danalin said...

It doesn't get any cuter! I love dad and babe pictures. Man, Will has some serious neck control. It reminds me of Max...Kelly, not so much. She is getting a little better though. Don't tell Will that she has a hard time holding her head up - that could be a real turn-off. :) Fun visit with your sis! My little sister is coming in 3 weeks for her first ever visit and I couldn't be more excited!

The Pyper Fam said...

I love the pic of Will thats close up and Josh is holding him! He has so many expressions...(Will, not Josh, lets hope that Josh already has the expression thing down, anyway...) He makes the cutest faces, and you can always almost tell what he must be feeling! :) Love it!