Thursday, March 19, 2009

1st Photo Session=I'm a Sucker

For some reason, I have been dreading getting Will's pictures taken while at the same time I have been wracked with guilt for never documenting all those precious moments of his life. Finally, I knew it was time: I decided I would go to Sears and just take the plunge. Armed with my Sears coupon and one seriously whiny baby (when will my healthy, happy baby return?) we headed off on our picture taking adventure. And what an adventure it was. I realized why I never looked forward to this happy occasion. Put together one cheesy picture taker, one tired/sick/ornery toddler, over 60 pictures with an alarming amount of poses, too many annoying props to count and three thousand dollars later and what do you get? That's right--the pictures below. And of course, the pictures were all too cute so I had to get them all. When it comes to pictures of my child, apparently I am a sucker. So, aunts, uncles, grandmas, friends, neighbors and random strangers, let me know your favorite photo and I'll send you one. There are plenty of pictures to go around.
Here are a few of the lovely pictures. (Try and try as she could, the lovely picture lady could hardly illicit a smile from my lovely baby boy).









He found this football and had to have it in the picture. Since these were his "one year" photos (though taken at 13.5 months) I thought it fitting that he have a ball with the picture of the one b/c that is what he adores more than anything on earth at the age of one.

9 comments:

Ryan and Angela said...

Oh, they are all so cute. I especially love the one with him reading. He looks like such a big boy. You sure did a good job producing a beautiful (I mean handsome) boy.

Rosie Moncrief said...

He is so handsome!!! I can see how you had to have them all, very cute!

Emily Christensen said...

It's about time. Will you are so cute. I want the color picture with him leaning against the wall.

The Pyper Fam said...

Those are some cute pictures. One day when he is lawyer you will have to bust out that one of him reading in that little leather chair. He looks so professional! :) Those are way cute, I bet you are glad that is over. It took two seperate sessions the first time I took Tucker in to get his pics taken! :) But I love them!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

He looks so cute and grown up!!! Olivia loves the walking video we watch it often. Boy they grow up fast!

Jane said...

Man...I'm so lucky to have such an adorable nephew (even if he doesn't like smiling so much yet)! I'll take any of the pictures you want to send me.

Nikki said...

He is a cutie! Getting my kids pictures taken is one of my most anxiety producing activities as a mother. You want to have the pictures so bad, but boy oh boy what it takes to get them :).

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

What a handsome boy! It was worth every penny. And I know exactly what you mean how they suck you in and get you to buy all the pictures!

Danalin said...

Tyler's totally in charge of the picking out process since I will want to get every one. They really are ALL so cute, Jessy! What a stud. And isn't the whole picture-taking thing weird with a babe and some stranger photographer. We've never had the best of luck. Always at least one or two good shots, but the once-smiley baby is no more once they get put in a strange room with some stranger doing strange things to get them to smile.