Monday, March 16, 2009

Blankey Love

This kid is in love, and I mean love, with his blankey. When he wakes up in the morning and I go to get him out of his crib, he bends down, picks up his blankey and hands it to me. We cannot leave the room without the blankey. I've tried to get him attached to two blankies, just in case he loses the one and/or so that the one blankey doesn't get trashed. All that that has accomplished, though, is that now he has to have his two blankies. We've been diligently (and unsuccessfully) trying to teach him baby sign language. Finally, he's figured out how to sign 'milk'; however, we've discovered that when he signs for milk, it is not milk that he wants, but his blankey. This weekend he was sick and he would not let go of his blankey. He had to eat with it, have it in the car, hold it and carry it while walking (which was quite tricky). I do believe I am going to now have to wean him from his blankey.
And what would a post be without pictures? Here are the pictures of the blankey love (sans clothes):



5 comments:

whitney said...

ah the joys of a security item! my kids have stuffed dogs they tote around everywhere. at least it makes Will happy, right? :)

Rosie Moncrief said...

Little Will is so cute! Loved the walking video too!!

jess said...

i hear you... owen is obsessed with 2 blankets as well. he does the exact same thing - reaches down to get his blankie when i get him out of bed. then again - if you do recall, i had my blankie all through college... i drew the line at the mission though!

Emily Christensen said...

I haven't seen any pictures with your front teeth yet Will. You look so grown up. You are Garret and your blankets.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Everyone has a favorite blankey. All of mine do! I love his little front teeth. He's so cute.