Thursday, February 21, 2008

An Ode to Grammy




Oh, how we have been spoiled by Grammy (my mom) this past week and a half! We loved, loved, loved every minute of it and could never thank Grammy enough for all she did for us. And, wow, did she do a lot for us:
Cooking:
She cooked us yummy homemade meals so that when Josh got home from work, dinner was served (just as he likes it; hopefully, he didn't get used to it, though). And she made us homemade bread--twice! Yummy, yummy in my tummy. We loved having a built-in chef!
Cleaning:
Not only did she cook for us, but she cleaned the house TWICE! It was so nice to have a clean-smelling house for a change, instead of a dirty-diaper smelling house. And she cleaned it so well, even vacuumming lines in the carpet the way I like it (yes, I am that OCD). I love a clean house and now with my mother gone, it may never be clean again. Yikes!
Changing:
Boy, oh boy, did she change some diapers. And with Will, that was NO small task, seeing as how he hates it and he tends to pee everywhere as soon as his diaper is off. She spoiled me, though, even changing diapers in the night before I nursed him. I'm not sure I'm ready to be the sole diaper changer during the days.
Cuddling:
She was the best cuddler with Will. If he was fussy, she would walk him and rock him and sing to him and just give him loves until he fell asleep. Once asleep, she would just hold him and hold him so that he wouldn't wake up. Will told me this morning that he is going to miss his Grammy's cuddling--apparently, it's not the same when I do it.
Crying:
No, my mom didn't have to withstand Will's tears, but mine these last three days, crying every minute at the thought of her leaving us. And they weren't just tears for the loss of help (though that's a BIG part), or tears over the fact that we live so far away (though that's another BIG part) but they were mostly tears because I realized how much I miss my mommy. I haven't gotten to spend time with just my mom for an extended period of time for such a long while. She truly is one of my best friends. I admire her, miss her and hope that one day I can be half the mother she is. We can never thank her enough for coming out here to the FREEZING state of New York and spoiling us ROTTEN. Thanks, Grammy! We love you.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Cute posts and cute new background! Don't you just love moms?! I'm so glad she was able to come and spend time with you guys. WHen my mom and Andy's mom came after Andrew was born I got a little jealous because they snuggled him so much. I had to learn to share. :) But I wouldn't have it any other way. A grandma's love is so sweet. Little willy is adorable.

The Pyper Fam said...

You're mommy is the greatest! I bet it was hard to see her leave! Tell her she can come over and snuggle on Tucker when she is needing a little Will fix. (Although I guess she does have 3 of her own grandkis here...) :) You and Will sure do clean up nicely! :) I don't think that we got a good family picture until Tucker was about 4 or 5 months old. We were just never all ready or happy or awake at the same time for that long! :) Little Will is getting cuter every day and I'm so glad that you are having so much fun with him. Tucker has been dying to send his new friend a special treat, so be on the look out for something in the mail for Will from Tucker. We miss you guys! Spokane is looking better already now that you have a child, isn't it! :)We wish you were here!

Kimberly said...

oh, this gets me excited for my mom's baby visit. I dont think my house will be clean until then, and definitely not after she is gone. I have given up on bending over, just too much work. I have walked by a fallen piece of paper in my kitchen for the last 2 days, and normally it would drive me nuts, currently it just seems like if i am going to bend over it is going to be to pick up something really good. I can't believe the mommy visit has already come and gone for you. Those are reason enough to have more kids.

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so awesome!! I miss mine just reading what you wrote about yours. Will is so adorable, I am baby hungry for number 5. Crazy isn't it. I just love babies. I need your email girl, so I can send you an invite to my blog. Mine is adamsonsweetpea98 at gmail. We need to keep in touch more.

Danalin said...

I felt the same way when my mom came after Max and I am so excited for her to come if Kelly ever decides to make her appearance! :) Such a great - and beautiful! - mom you have, Jessy. No surprise there since you are so great and beautiful yourself.

My goodness, Will is already changing so much! And don't worry, he will probably be a bath and naked lover soon enough. Max was the same way when he was Wee Will's size, but now he streaks every chance he gets. You look wonderful, by the way. Love the family photo!

Megan said...

Mom's are just the best and your mom is among the best of the best! It's always hard to see them leave. On most days I just wish my mom still lived around the corner! I thought I was all independant but really I am just a momma's girl. :)

Mark Spear Homeselling Team Manager said...

Grammy says you picked the best pictures, good girl. Pompa says: I want to be spoiled like that! I'm jealous. I'm going to come see Will and leave Grammy home, except then, who would take care of us--so I guess I'll bring her. We can't wait to come when you bless little Will.

Ryan and Angela said...

Yeah, we loved having Grammy come visit after babies too. She really is a great help and cooks the best food. But I am jealous that you got her for a week and a half. Lucky dog.