Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rice Cereal, YUM!

So that our peanut could better eat his yummy rice cereal, we purchased a high chair (we figured that would come in handy, right?). Since our dining area isn't huge and I didn't want a bulky high chair, we bought the Fisher Price Space Saver high chair that just straps onto a chair. I LOVE it; it's the perfect size and it doesn't take up extra space--plus, it can turn into a toddler seat for when he gets older. Anyhow, Will doesn't need the tray yet, so we just push him up to the table, with his hands/arms under the table so they don't interfere with the feeding process (this is key b/c his little hands are always in his mouth and it is quite the task to feed him whilst his hands are in his mouth) and then we feed him. It just is a crack up to me because he just is this little head sitting at the table. He is really turning into a great eater, as these pictures will attest.

The smiling, floating head. (In this picture he looks so much like my brother Jon to me--that's what his Granny (Adele) thinks, too).
Staring cross-eyed at the incoming food.
He opens real wide and gets all excited for his tasty bite of rice cereal.
And in between bites, he just goes right for the left over cereal on his bib. He's not letting ONE drop pass him by.
Chowin' on the bib. Oh, I love this little guy.

11 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

He is so cute! That is one pretty excited kid eating rice cereal. I love how he licks the bib. Soooo cute! And he does look a little like John.

shannon said...

We have the same chair for Macee. I love it too!!!!! Your little guy is so handsome. Love your blog!!
Shannon

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Too funny! Olivia was never a fan of rice cereal by itself but she loves it mixed with peaches! I wish she would lick her bib, less clean up for me!

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Ok! So he is the cutest little boy ever. I love all the smiles and my favorite is the...
"Mom tied my hands behind my back, so I've resorted to eating my food without silverware and off the front of my bib."

Rosie Moncrief said...

Awww, he's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the bib draped across the table. You are one prepared momma. He's gonna love the bananas and applesauce. And just you wait for the spaghetti dinner. Yummy!!

The Pyper Fam said...

You posted too quick, I was still trying to figure out who he looks like. :)I definitley see Jon in him. But in some pictures I see some Madsen features, too. Its hard to tell. He's definitley my kind of man -- a good eater! :)And I see that rice cereal is doing him good, I am aleady seeing some cheeks! :) Love it!

Emily said...

I'm glad to hear you like the high chair. I got rid of our big one and want to get that one when Aly's a bit bigger. Always nice to hear a good report from someone who has it!

jess said...

just answering your ?s about camping... had owey been born closer to the summer, we sooo would have gone sooner! i think it would be easier to get him used to all things adventurous when he was small enough to not really care, and definitely easier before he could get around. crawling and gravel don't really mix well. so, i say go for it (that is as long as you want to be a camping family - if you don't, skip it, it's a lot of work!)

Megan said...

Hey this is off topic but when exactly will you be in Spokane. I'm tossing around the idea of coming to see you for a couple days. No promises but I'd love to work it out and see you. It's been too long!

Oh and of course Will looks adorable. When does he not???

Jane said...

Love the floating head! I'm glad to see he's taking after me in the good looks category...haha!