Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mobile!

So this kid is a crack-up. He is so very close to crawling. He gets up on all fours, rocks back and forth, and sometimes just hops forward like a frog. For some CRAZY reason, he finds it so much easier to crawl while on our bed. I think the softness helps him. Who knows? He also can really book it in his crib because that mattress is a little more firm and he doesn't get so stuck. However, the crib is a much more confined space and he ends up banging his head against the side of it once he's crawled to the other end. Don't you worry, though, for that does not deter him--he just keeps on trying to crawl even whilst banging his head. I have to hurry and get him from his naps so he doesn't injure himself. The best, though, is in the bath tub--he tries to crawl and slips and falls, yet he tries and tries again, all the while falling and slipping and splashing. Sometimes he gets so very frustrated from his lack of mobility. He just sits on his tummy, and waves his arms and legs and whines. We call this his swimming move. Ahhh...I LOVE this boy.

Pictures of his attempts at crawling on our bed:



.

2 comments:

Rosie Moncrief said...

How cute!! I can't wait to see him... I can't believe you don't remember the eye-patch!! I even wore the black pirate patch when I was at home. Lucky for me there are no photos of that! I never wore those glasses because I couldn't see anything out of them!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

He is so cute!! Don't you love it when they try new things!