Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Potty Trained Already?

I know what you're thinking: there is NO way that even I, as wonderful and brilliant as I am, could have possibly potty-trained my 5-month-old already. Well, I haven't, but I'm pretty sure I could if I wanted to, for I have found that my son is a very consistent pottier. For instance, take off his diaper and he's bound to go number 1, letting it fly everywhere, even if you are somehow unprepared and all you have to protect yourself from said stream is a stuffed dog lying close by (poor doggy). Then, put on a brand-spanking new, COSTLY diaper and BAM: he's sure to go number 2. So you see, all I need to do is take him to the toilet at these specific times and VOILA--he's potty trained. And you people make it sound so hard.....

Here are some pictures of the cute little culprit:
He's just mastered sitting on his own, though it only lasts about three seconds before he topples over, so I am VERY lucky to get it on film.


Always something coming out of his head. I guess I'm too lazy to "stage" the photos.

8 comments:

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

You are so lucky to have the whole potty training thing down. Even if he is only 5 months old. :) I have a 2 year old you could potty train. He is into the take off my diaper and go potty in some corner stage. No fun when you are making your bed and step in a puddle.

Rosie Moncrief said...

Well my dear Jessy, if you keep your fingers crossed you just might get your wish to see me! I have successfully convinced my Mom to go to Spokane for the 10th warder reunion! Now we are just working on Cookie!! Hopefully it all works out, the blogs are fun but it would be great to give you a hug!! We will see.... Little Will is so cute. I think he has your eyes!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Olivia is the queen of number 2 right after a new diaper is put on!!!
What are the dates you'll be in Spokane? Rosie is doing her best to convince me we need to go.

Anonymous said...

Jessy, I am astounded and amazed. Will is so blessed to have you as a mother. Since you are potty training your Will can you come help me with mine. He is too stubborn. He knows he can do it, he just refuses.
I am so excite to see you guys in August.

The Pyper Fam said...

Oh how I remember those days of getting pee'd on daily and ENDLESS diaper changes...isn't that what life is all about,changing diapers the rest of your life? :)If I knew that all it took to get you to move back here was outdoor yard toys, man....:) Since Will unknowingly shared his toys with Tucker when we were out there, what is Tuckers, is Wills. :)
Will definitley looks like a Spear... sorry Joshy! I so can't wait to snuggle him!

Kimberly said...

Wow, sounds like you do have it down! If only we could all be as brilliant as you are :) So, Kaylee was telling us we should have you guys down to visit next month. I was thinking, say the first week in august? Acutally i am hoping when you say first week in august you mean the 9th because we will be at the beach until august 3rd. So let's plan a time, because seriously, the kids ask for you to come do motor boat almost everyday that we are at the pool!

Krista said...

Well Jessy it sounds like I should be praying for a girl!:)j/k I can not believe how big Will is getting. He is so cute!

Ryan and Angela said...

He is so cute. And getting so big. I can't believe we haven't met him yet. I am so glad you have a blog and we can see Willy that way. I can't wait to see him in a couple months. By the way, all kids are the same in the potty department. But it is a blood secret we don't tell new moms. It is way more funny to watch them figure it out for themselves.