Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Conference

I love conference. I truly love it. I love to hear the prophets' words. I love the spirit I feel. I love the chance to re-evaluate my spiritual life and commit to do better, to be better. But this year, I loved it the most because this year we had conference "Utah style" as I like to refer to it. It was a "Utah style" conference because we finally, finally, got to watch conference on our TELEVISION, our brand-spankin' new, flat screen television. We got to wear our jammies, eat treats, sit on our couch, let the baby nap when needed, and we did not have to deal with Internet glitches nor did we have to drag our trash to the church to wrestle with two kids for two hours. It was divine. I imagine this is how everyone who lives in Utah gets to watch conference; hence, the "Utah style" conference.


I made Will this "Conference Corner" with all sorts of activities, a few treats and a brand new set of markers (he thought he hit the jackpot. He adores markers).
Here is conference--straight to our television, thanks to our Roku machine. Best investment ever.






We made these yummy, homemade roasted cinnamon almonds. They were seriously a dream. Josh thought they were the best thing ever; hence the photo (he even talks about them on his conference notes). You have to try them. Go here for the recipe.


And Lucy was there, too, in her Rocky outfit, the pink sweatsuit.



And there may have been a little napping done as well. But that's just to be consistent with our "Utah style" conference, right?

1 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

I love those almond things. They are delicious. Nothing is better than watching conference in your jammies!