Thursday, May 30, 2013

Snow Fort

Here it is:  the fort of all forts.  We got a decent amount of snow this winter (shout hooray!) so on this lovely snowy day, Josh took the rugs out to build this bad boy.  And the kids thought it was the coolest.  And they thought their dada was the coolest because he can make a fort.  And I thought their dada was the coolest because while he was making a fort I was getting something done inside.  Though once the fort was finished, I came and hung out with my cute family. Because, let's be honest--who would want to miss this:
 The rugs hangin' out in the vast fort.
 The fort itself.  Not bad, eh?
 Will posing with his saw that he insisted on using when helping compile said fort.
 Attempting to get a shot where--impossibly--both kids are looking at the camera.
 Here Lucy is shouting "eeeeeeeesssse" (meaning cheese).  I can just hear her saying it.  It's the cutest thing.

 Will's pirate face.
 And then there was some serious hat hair to be had.  I blame the ugly, tacky hat he got for free at his hockey class that he insists on wearing (instead of the darling, not-free hat I bought to go with his coat).

2 comments:

The Pyper Fam said...

So cute!!! That is one awesome fort! And some seriously cute kids!!! And man, you guys know how to party during the holiday's! :) Loved all your Easter posts, keep 'em coming!!! Can't wait to see you this summer; you're coming, right??? :) I love those little red heads of yours!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Only an engineer for a Dad makes awesome forts like that!