Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Need a Day Off

I seriously need a day off. You know, a day off from cooking, cleaning, feeding and caring for children--a day off from doing the same inane tasks over and over again. I knew I was desperate for a respite when I was reading Goldilocks and the Three Bears to Will and I was legitimately jealous of Goldilocks, that lucky little blond girl who got to climb into Baby Bear's bed and take a fat nap, without a care in the world. However, the problem with taking a day off for me is that I end up paying for it in the long run. For instance, I took a "day off" from a lot of my usual tasks the other day and this is what my house looked like at the end of it:




And guess who stayed up late that night cleaning up this mess?

And this is what I looked like on that day off (not that I look much better on ordinary days, but I do try to put in some effort. This day I just lounged around in my pj's--and by pj's I mean my underwear--that's why I threw on a coat for the picture b/c I wasn't wearing much else--and I took a blessed nap, though it wasn't a fat nap because unlike Goldilocks, I do have a few cares in the world, namely two who go by the names of Will & Lucy):


So this is my new proposal. Besides a day off, which I desperately need, I also propose to conjure some sort of mini-me--someone who can do all my tasks while I am off in Baby Bear's bed taking that much deserved fat nap. Any volunteers? Mind you, besides all the usual duties you'd also be responsible for the nursing of one little five-month-old. What, no volunteers? I thought not.

3 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Oh Jessy you make me laugh! I too would like a day off and a Fat nap...

Krista said...

I 2nd that! Although you are much better than I...about 85% of my week consists of me in my sweats with no make-up or nothing!

Victoria Blanchard said...

I.hear.you.

If only I lived in NY, we could help each other---switch off nights or something. I'd nurse your baby if you'd nurse mine . . .