Monday, March 5, 2012

Ski Utah

Now for the real reason for our trip (or at least the real reason for Josh): skiing. Josh, his dad and his brother skied every day and then the kids would come up to ski at Alta where it's free after 3. Will still adores skiing, powder and falling down, making Josh's job a whole lot of fun (meaning a whole lot of work). Will also enjoyed jumping around in the snow, eating the "chocolate houses" (a.k.a. Toblerone) and drinking the hot chocolate--the prized rewards for a job well-done of skiing. With a nursing newborn, I only made it up to ski for one afternoon, so this was far from a ski trip for me. That's all right, though, because there is a time and a season for everything and this is not my season to ski (plus, skiing is reaaaaaaaallllllly, reaaaaaaaalllllly killer on my legs and I've grown far too lazy in my old age to want to willingly make myself suffer. And let's not even mention the super-hero powers I have to conjure just to put my ski boots on--even with the strength of the bear, I usually must elicit the help of some poor family member to assist in the process). I've just resigned myself to the fact that Will, at the age of four, is a far superior skiier than I ever will be.






1 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

I can't believe Will can ski. That is so cool.